Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Post #102010-2

I'm not sure what to call this post. It's mostly mental vomit about games.

LOTRO
  • It went free to play and I've met up with at least one person I know. It's a lot of fun helping people again.
  • I reconnected with someone who I was very angry with for a long time. We resolved our differences nearly a year and a half after 'the incident' that drove us apart. It feels good to put that to rest.
  • I started a new character - a burglar. The name is one I've used before, and it's not a dwarf.
  • Harvestmath - the harvest festival - is active. I tried to get the horse last night ant the game glitched me out of a token. I was pissed, but I'll try again tonight.
  • I'm working on my Return to Thorin's Hall skill. I am Kindred with the dwarves of Ered Luin and have 50/100 Dourhand crests. After this I'm working on Moria reputation.
  • I'd like to max out all reputation, though some areas are difficult.
  • I'm trying to get every horse, though some require meta-deeds. These are a specific combination of completed deeds and it's a pain in the ass.
L4D/L4D2/Alien Swarm/Borderlands
  • All three need more attention. Need to play more MP games with friends. Too bad one is in a radically different time zone...
PS3
  • I want to finish off the trophies for Dead Space, inFamous and Red Dead Redemption. I'm close to the end of all three.
  • Beatles Rock Band needs more attention. Some group attention would be nice too.
  • Fallout 3 needs to be completed. So does God of War and Heavenly Sword. And Tomb Raider Underworld. And Little Big Planet.
  • Fallout New Vegas is getting a lot of hate lately but I still want to play it.
  • I need to catalog and evaluate the games I have. Put them in some sort of order of status... whether I'll play them again or if I'm completely done with them.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get back into the MMO scene (namely GW, DDO, and LotRO) but I just don't think I can. I haven't even given LotRO much more than just an hour's chance. I just can't get into the whole epicness of it all anymore and I just don't have that kind of time.

    The co-op MP angle is pretty much all I'm into these days (L4D, L4D2, Alien Swarm, Borderlands) - I can play for a night and not feel like I have a shit-ton more stuff I need to get to before I've completed a quest or... whatever.

    I have a slew of SP games for the PS3 I'd like to get to as well, especially with such awesome stuff coming down the pipeline or have just come out: Dead Space 2, Arkham 2, Dead Rising 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, etc.

    I hate that I love video games sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm avoiding Fallout: New Vegas until they fix the major issues for the PS3. There are game-breaking bugs right from the rip. Since I'm still not done with FO3 I can wait.

    Other SP PS3 games - well yeah I want Dead Space 2, Arkham 2 and a handful of others but I have like 10 games I've never even played that I need to get through.

    I know what you mean on the MMO scene. I can't seem to find the time and I don't have half the junk going on that you do! I love the pick up/put down flexibility of games like L4D, and will almost always make time for those.

    ReplyDelete